New Councillor Induction 2-3.30pm
19 Jun 23 - 14:00 to 15:30
Self-guided e-learning modules and a short webinar £54/delegate
The New Councillor Induction programme will give newly elected or co-opted councillors a good introduction to parish and town life. This programme is more beneficial if you have already attended at least one council meeting.
If you would like to join the New Councillor Induction training program, all your Clerk has to do is make a booking.
What happens after the booking is made?
1. Two weeks prior to the New Councillors Induction online webinar (4), we will send you two separate emails with information to enable you to access the following self-guided e-learning modules:
Standards in Public Life *
Introduction to Local Councils
Both of the above modules can be worked though at your own pace (each one usually takes approximately 45mins-one hour) on your electronic device (i.e. laptop, tablet) on any date or time prior to the New Councillor Induction webinar (4).
* ALTERNATIVELY for Standards in Public Life, if you prefer you can book to attend one of the bi-monthly Standards in Public Life webinars held online via Zoom.
2. View the short DAPTC What We Do video at anytime prior to the New Councillor Induction webinar (4) to see how DAPTC can support your council
3. A reminder will be sent a few days prior to the New Councillor Induction online webinar (4), to give you time (if needed) to complete the self-guided e-learning and register for your Zoom link for the training.
4. Final part of the programme; the New Councillor Induction webinar. This 90 minute online training session via Zoom will help consolidate your pre-session learning and give you the opportunity to ask any questions.
Please BOOK (via the clerk for budget monitoring) for this informative and worthwhile introduction to your new role in council. (Please note - this link will take you to our booking form on SurveyMonkey, rather than our usual form)